To raise money for Cancer Research

To raise money for Cancer Research click here

Friday, October 7, 2016

Day 5 Namche bazaar to Tangbouche

At night we had a huge storm, It rained heavily for hors and i hoped it would stop as the thought of walking in torrential rain was not appealing, I got out of bed at 5am and packed, The rain had stopped but there was still fog, At breakfast i noticed a break inthe clouds and rushed out to finally get some mountain scenery, It did not last long as the fog and cloud came back, The trek to Tenbouche started easy enough until lunchtime when we had a tough 2 hour hike straight up to the village, I am still feeling great unlike one of the girlss who has a heavy cold, I have no idea how she made it but she did, We went to see the Buddist monks praying at the temple, Pasang my guide called me to go to the alter and light some candles and say a prayer for my Father, I was taken by surprise and was quite emotional when i got outside, Tomorrow he is taking me slightly off trail to see a lama to bless my prayer flags that i will hang further up towards base camp, Its been a tough day and everybody is tired, But everybody did it and we have increased our pace, The fog or low cloud is still hanging around but there are still a few days for things to change, Highlight of the day was a pair of vultures circling a round and landing close enough to give everybody a good view. Low light was loosing my brand new Julbo sunglasses as they blew off my head on a swing bridge

Finally a decent view of the mountains
 Lots of waterfalls all along the trail

 Friendly dogs all along the trail
 Swing bridge where i lost my glasses

 Spinning water wheel with prayer wheel above


 Monastery at Tangbouche


 Our accomodation in the background

Off to Dingbouche tomorrow

Dave

5 comments:

  1. Fab shots David, the terrain looks amazing and such colorful buildings. I love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice that you lit some candles for your Dad. It was great chatting w/you and hearing how things are going on your end! Sending best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have good memories of the temple. Seeing the Sherpas offering their prayers was very re-assuring. Hope you get a new pair of sunglasses. You'll need it. Look after yourself, "bistare,bistare, sippy, sippy!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice of the Sherpas to do that for you. Look after yourself, "bistare, bistare, sippy, sippy!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing. Well done Dave, you are doing great

    ReplyDelete