To raise money for Cancer Research

To raise money for Cancer Research click here

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Day 6 Tangbouche to Dingbouche

Well the good news is that the cold bug that has been plaguing people here has gone, Our groupis all well and healthy and ready to head on up, Today has been incredible in many ways, We passed the 4000m and all feel good, The weather started aweful with heavy rain through the night only stopping a few minutes before we left, the fog and low cloud had blighted our views but its been dry and nice trekking weather, The food has continued to be good but have been told that it will go down hill slightly as we get higher, Bird wise i had a reasonable view of alpine chough and lammagier, Highlight of the day and probably of the trip was going off from the group with my guide up to  a small village in the hills, He took me and my 2 irish buddies to see not just a buddist monk but a genuine Lama, We had tea with him and he gave us his card with his personal chant for peace, He asked me to write my fathers name on another card, After looking at it he chaanted and wrote something in nepalese on it, Tied some gold string around it and told ne to leave it at base camp, He then blessed my prayer flags and gace them to me, I had to bend down and he hit me on the head with a hard cloth covered block and gave me aa blessing, Incredible and totally unexpected, I cannot thank my guide enough, The trip has become a kind of personal pilgrimage, We are here 2 nights, Everything has elevated in cost because of the remoteness,

Not what you expect to see in the Himalayas, The terrain changes quickly
 Following th river before heading up, The dogs are very friendly
 Group shots

 Finally some blue sky
 Freshly painted, On the way down from seeing the Lama
 The white Tara
 My new favorite photographic subject, The Yak

 The Hungarian girls heading to a distant village
 The hillside have Autumn colors

Thngs are changing fast and soon the vegetation will be gone

Dave

7 comments:

  1. Very nice that you had a blessing from the Lama!! Beautiful fall colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are all these villages accessible by road also? The remoteness is amazing. I think the lama sounds amazing, what a special time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The villages are accessible only by foot, So food and water etc is only available by foot, yak or helicopter which is why it get more expensive as you get higher

      Delete
  3. What an amazing journey - personal, physical, & spiritual. Look after yourself. "Bistare, bistare, sippy,sippy!"

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave, is amazing brother, we miss you. Vargas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dave, is amazing brother, we miss you. Vargas

    ReplyDelete