To raise money for Cancer Research

To raise money for Cancer Research click here

Monday, October 17, 2016

Day 7-Dingbouche Acclimatization Day

Finally a pace with decent internet, I knew it could be hit or miss like the showers but once you get above a certain height its either really slow or non existent, Doesn't stop them selling you the cards needed to get on line only to be told after that the internet is not working
The days are getting better, I had my best nights sleep, i checked the weather out of my window early and there was the usual low cloud, I decided to get up early and hope that at some point the clouds would part even if just for a brief moment and so it was to be and then mountains started to pop out all around us, It was truly spectacular and cameras clicked all around me as people realized what was happening, The day was an acclimatization day so after breakfast we headed up and up and up and up, The place where we are staying is at 4250m and we ended the dy at 4875m, The highest i have ever been in my life, It was a very steep climb but very slow, The fog came and we got brief views of the mountains before heading down, I love it, The guide is great and makes sure everybody is doing fine and more importantly enjoying themselves.In the aftermoon we found  nice coffee shop for cappuchino and coconut macaroons, wonderful, A tough and long day tomorrow as we head towards 5000m

What a way to wake up in the morning
 I could see this from my bedroom window
 I have named this 'miserable bastard with Mountain'

 Trying something different with Diarmuid with Lily looking thoughtful in the background

 Mountains in the mist with prayer flags and monuments
 For some reason i keep coming back to this one, Will see what its like printed in black and white
 Top guide and all round great guy Pasang
 Taking a break before heading down, Jackie and Ciaran
 Dingbouche at the bottom where we started the hike

Dave

1 comment: